about two to four months
How do I expunge my record?
Part 2 Getting a Record Expunged
- Find out whether you’re eligible for an expungement. Visit your state’s courthouse or court website to find out what requirements you must fulfill.
- File a petition for expungement.
- Consider working with an attorney.It is a good idea to hire an attorney to help you navigate this process.
Do misdemeanors go away California?
A misdemeanor stays on your record for life unless you successfully petition for expungement. There is no preset “expiration date” for misdemeanor crimes. Even though misdemeanor offenses are less serious than felonies, they are still serious breaches in the eyes of the law.
How much does it cost to have your record expunged?
Hiring an attorney to handle an expungement starts around $400-$1,000 for a single criminal charge but can run $1,000-$4,000 or more depending on the number and nature (misdemeanor or felony) of the charges, prevailing local legal rates and the status and experience of the attorney.
How can I clear a misdemeanor from my record?
There are two types of pardons: An expungement erases your entire Connecticut state criminal record. To apply, you must wait 3 years (for a misdemeanor) or 5 years (for a felony) from the disposition date.
What crimes Cannot be expunged?
Types of convictions that are often not eligible for expungement include:
- Felonies and first degree misdemeanors in which the victim is under 18 years of age.
- Sexual battery.
- Corruption of a minor.
- Sexual imposition.
- Obscenity or pornography involving a minor.
- Serious weapons charges.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”