How Long Does It Take To Become A Bartender In California??

The state of California requires 40 hours of class curriculum to obtain your bartending license.

These 40 hours are broken down into two hour classes, each one covering one of ten chapters.

Every class is divided into two parts; one hour of lecture and one hour of lab time behind the bar.

Do you need a license to be a bartender in California?

In California there aren’t any state regulations in place that require a server or bartender to be licensed in order to sell alcohol. It is important to keep in mind though that some employers will require bartenders to complete such courses such as the LEAD Exam, regardless of state or city laws.

How long does it take to become a bartender?

Our Professional Mixology course takes forty hours of concentrated training over a one to five week period to complete. The course is taught in 10 four -hour lessons. By graduation you will be capable of mixing drinks at a level that will allow you to bartend at any bar in the tri-state area.

How much does bartender school cost?

In-class courses vary in price based on the length and depth of instruction. It is fairly common to see these programs run in the $200 to $400 range, but sometimes they can be quite expensive. One popular example is the New York Bartending School, which costs nearly $600 for a comprehensive 40 hour class.

How do I become a bartender in California?

To become a bartender in California, you’ll need the following things:

  • Valid form of ID that shows you are at least 21 years of age.
  • Knowledge of alcohol selling and serving laws.
  • Proper training for your job and location.
  • Knowledge of local requirements.
  • Familiarity with types of beer, spirits, and recipes.

Do you have to be 21 to be a bartender in California?

In the United States, different states have their own age requirement before you are allowed to bartend, but the age range is from 18-21 years old. Some states also require alcohol awareness training (this is different from getting a bartending license) that you can take when you start working.

Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”,_California._Doctor_Tom_T._Watanabe,_Physician_and_Surgeon_of_Japanese_ancestry_by_his_._._._-_NARA_-_536800.jpg