To gain employment with the State of California, you must complete the exam and application process below.
How to Get a State Job
- Create a CalCareer Account.
- Take an Exam.
- Apply for Job Openings.
- Prepare for the Interview.
- Pass Your Probation Period.
How do you apply for a job at the DMV?
How To Get Hired with the Department of Motor Vehicles (HTDMV 1)
- Step 1: Apply for an Examination. To apply for a DMV or State civil service vacancy, candidates must first take and pass an examination for the classification in which they are interested.
- Step 2: Take the Examination.
- Step 3: Apply and Compete for Vacancies.
How do you get hired for a state job?
The State hiring process can be challenging, especially if you are new to State service.
Follow the 5 Steps of the State Hiring Process
- STEP 1: Create and Set Up Your Profile.
- STEP 2: Search For and Take an Examination (Exam)
- STEP 3: Apply for Jobs.
How do I get a county job?
Search for jobs in the County either in specific Departments or by position. Submit an application electronically for each position you want to apply for. County Human Resources staff will evaluate your application against requirements for the positions you have applied for.
Photo in the article by “Foreign Press Centers – US Department of State”