The average hourly rate for Medical Scribe ranges from $13 to $18 with the average hourly pay of $16.
The total hourly compensation, which includes bonus, health and retirement, can vary anywhere from $13 to $18 with the average total hourly compensation of $16.
What qualifies you for a medical scribe position?
How Does One Become Qualified to Work as a Medical Scribe?
- Must have a minimum of a high school diploma.
- Computer and typing skills are preferred.
- Experience with medical terminology is preferred.
- A constitution to work under the rigors of delivering medical care.
- Responsible and mature, with a passion for medicine.
How can I become a medical scribe?
To become a medical scribe, you need at least high school diploma. Some hospitals and medical clinics prefer to hire medical scribes who have a college education. Additionally, some employers require medical scribes to complete training and certification programs.
How fast do you need to type to be a medical scribe?
1. Touch-typing speed: 90 – 100 wpm. Get your speed up to 90 – 100 words per minute before you start scribing. To scribe what people are saying as fast as they’re saying it, you need to be able to touch-type at about 100 words per minute.
How much do medical scribes make in California?
How much does a Medical Scribe make in California?
|Medical Scribe in Newport Beach, CA 20 salaries||$14.66 per hour|
|Medical Scribe in Los Angeles, CA 17 salaries||$14.36 per hour|
|Medical Scribe in Redding, CA 10 salaries||$15.33 per hour|
|Medical Scribe in Irvine, CA 9 salaries||$14.42 per hour|
1 more row
What do medical scribes get paid?
The average pay for a Medical Scribe is $12.09 per hour.