- Get your complete criminal case history.
- Get the expungement forms.
- Get your personal items.
- Fill out the first part of the Petition.
- Start to fill out Page 2 of the Petition.
- Explain why you want an expungement.
- List your entire criminal history.
- List prior expungement or pardon information.
How long does it take to get your record expunged in California?
about two to four months
What felonies Cannot be expunged in California?
A. Generally, an individual qualifies for an expungement under Penal Code 1203.4 if he or she: (1) committed a felony or misdemeanor and was not incarcerated in the California state prison, (2) fulfilled the terms of his/her probation, and (3) was not convicted of one of the specific crimes that make someone ineligible
Do I have to disclose an expunged misdemeanor in California?
California Penal Code 1203.4 has only carved out three very focused circumstances under which you must disclose your prior convictions: 1If contracting with the CA State Lottery Commission. This means if you ever want to run for city council, mayor, or governor you will have to disclose the prior expunged convictions.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”