I got a Traffic Ticket in California. What Should I Do?
- Step 1: How will you plead? Guilty, Not Guilty, or No Contest?
- Step 2: Inform the court. Following your plea decision, the next step is to inform the court prior to your scheduled appearance.
- Step 3: Traffic school? Depending on the “cleanliness” of your driving record, you may be eligible to attend traffic school.
13 Jun 2016
How do you fight a speeding ticket?
If you decide to fight the ticket in court
- Delay the hearing. This will give you more time to build your case.
- Gather evidence. Your best chances to win the argument will be if you have physical proof you weren’t speeding.
- Research speed equipment.
- Make witness arrangements.
- Plan your questions.
6 Nov 2017
Can you fight a speed trap ticket?
Beating a Speed Trap Ticket. Over 100,000 people in America receive a speeding ticket every day. However, many of those tickets are the result of speed traps. There are several types of speed traps; some of them are not illegal, while others are.
Is it worth it to fight a traffic ticket?
Many people ask themselves if it is worth fighting a traffic ticket when the fine is around $234 for 1-15 mph over the limit. If you consider only the fine, you are a bit shortsighted. The fine is the easy part, you pay it one time, and it is done. However, there is more involved than just a fine.9 Feb 2018
Photo in the article by “Flickr”