To register, head to the DMV and submit:
- A Completed Application for Title or Registration (Form REG 343).
- The Vehicle’s Out-of-State Title.
- The Vehicle’s Out-of-State Registration.
- Proof of Insurance.
- A Valid Smog Certificate.
- Payment for Fees (see “Fees” below).
Can I register a car in a different state?
Or, your job requires you to work in another state for several months. Most car insurance companies require that the car be registered and insured in the same state. And, most state motor vehicle departments require that the car be registered in the same state as the driver’s current home address.
How do I transfer my car registration from one state to another?
How To Transfer Your Car From One State To Another
- Step 1 – Procure The No Objection Certificate (NOC) From The Traffic Department:
- Step 2 – Visit The Rto With Relevant Documents:
- Step 3 – Submission Of The Documents:
- Step 4 – Vehicle Re-Registration After Interstate Transfer:
- Step 5 – Payment Of Road Tax:
How long do you have to register an out of state vehicle in California?
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”