How much is the LA Metro Rail?
Fares: Metro’s base fare is $1.75. You can pay cash when you board, but you’ll need exact fare as bus operators don’t carry change. You can also buy and add up to $20 to a reusable TAP card.
How do you pay for the LA Metro?
2. Pay Your Fare. Metro’s base fare is $1.75. On Metro bus, you can pay cash each time you board (bus operators don’t carry change, so you’ll need exact fare) or buy and add up to $20 to a reusable TAP card.
How much is a Metro day pass in Los Angeles?
Fare payment with TAP includes 2 hrs of unlimited transfers to Metro rail and bus in one direction (no roundtrips).
How much does it cost?
|LIFE 7-Day Pass (low-income)||$19|
How do I buy Metro tickets in Los Angeles?
How to Buy a Pass
- From any Metro Customer Center or from one of 400 sales locations throughout LA. Also, view a map of sales outlets.
- Online at taptogo.net. New cards take approximately one month to arrive in the mail.
- On-board buses (Day Passes only).
- From TAP vending machines (TVMs) at Metro Rail stations.
Can you live in LA without a car?
Yes, you can thrive in LA without a car! In the last year, Metro expanded public buses and trains to reach outlying areas, such as Long Beach and Arcadia, and by this time next year, you‘ll be able to ride a train all the way from downtown LA to the Santa Monica Pier! (there’s already a bus that’ll take you to Malibu.)
Where does the LA metro go?
The Metro Red Line is the 17.4 mile subway that currently runs from Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to North Hollywood and to sixteen stations. The Purple Line subway shares six stations with the Metro Red Line Downtown and continues to the Mid-Wilshire area.
How does the LA Metro work?
Metro rail refers to the A, B, C, D, E and L Lines (Blue, Red, Green, Purple, Expo and Gold). There is a total of 93 stations in the system, each offering connections to Metro bus. Payment of fare requires a TAP card. Regular fare is $1.75 and is good for 2 hrs of unlimited transfers in one direction.
How much money is a bus ride?
Cash Fares are accepted on all buses, but must be in exact change. One-way fares range from $1.25-$3.00, or $. 50-$1.50 for discounted fares. Passes are available in multiple increments, from 1 day to 31 day passes.
How much is a Metro TAP card?
TAP cards can be purchased for $1 at any TAP Vending Machine at Metro Rail and Orange Line Stations. Riders can also purchase them for $2 from regional vendor locations including Metro Customer Centers. A TAP card is always sold with a pass or stored value.
What is the best way to get around in Los Angeles?
The best way to get around Los Angeles is by car. Los Angeles is spread out across about 500 square miles, and while there is a public transportation system, its routes are limited compared to those found in other major cities.
Is public transport good in Los Angeles?
Los Angeles is home to one of the country’s best public transportation networks, including subways, light-rail, buses and shuttles to nearly every corner of the Greater Los Angeles area. The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is making it easier than ever to discover L.A. without a car.
How much is a TAP card in Los Angeles?
A regular fare TAP card costs $2. Reduced-fare TAP cards (available for seniors, students, persons with disabilities) are provided at no cost; however, you must apply for the card in advance. If you lose the card (and have not set up Balance Protection) you will have to pay for a new card.
How much does public transportation cost in LA?
The regular base fare is $1.75 per boarding, or $7/25 for a day/week pass with unlimited rides. Both single-trip tickets and TAP cards loaded with a day pass are available on Metro buses (ensure you have the exact change). When using a TAP card, tap the card against the sensor at station entrances and aboard buses.
How do I add money to my TAP card?
Reload your TAP card:
- Call TAP Customer Service at 866. TAPTOGO.
- Visit over 450 TAP vendor locations.
- Visit a Metro Customer Center.
- Use a TAP vending machine (TVM) located at all Metro rail stations, Metro Silver Line and Metro Orange Line stations and at the El Monte Station.
How can I buy a TAP card?
There are many ways to purchase a TAP card:
- On your phone using the TAP App.
- In your Apple Wallet on iPhone.
- Online at taptogo.net.
- Call 866.
- Visit a TAP vendor.
- Visit a TAP vending machine located at Metro rail and Metro Orange Line stations.
- Visit a Metro Customer Service Center.