6 to 8 weeks
How long does it take to get a passport from the post office?
Processing times are between 4-6 weeks. The entire process can be completed at your local acceptance agent, which is usually the post office. Adult passports start at $110 for the government fee, plus $35 to the acceptance agent.
How much does it cost to get a passport in California?
The fee is $35 and is paid at the acceptance agent facility, usually the post office or county clerk. New Passport (for adults age 16 and older): For a new adult passport book: $110 application fee and a $35 execution fee. The new total fee is $145.17 Jan 2019
What is the fastest way to get a passport in California?
Expedite at an Acceptance Facility
- Fill out your application and collect your documents.
- Be sure to include the $60 expedite fee in addition to the normal application fee.
- Find the acceptance facility nearest you to turn in your application and fees.
- The expedite fee does not include 1-2 Day Delivery.
What documents are needed for a passport?
Following documents are required to apply for US passport:
- Application Form DS-11.
- Proof of US citizenship using US birth certificate or Naturalization Certificate.
- Proof of identity such as passport, naturalization certificate, certificate of citizenship, current valid driver’s license.
- 2 passport photos.
- Application fee.
Can I get a passport at the post office?
You usually don’t need to renew a passport at a passport acceptance office like the post office. Instead, use the expedited renewal-by-mail procedure that allows you to post the DS-82 application, photo, old passport and fee to the State Department.
How do you get a passport in California?
Apply For a Passport in Person. Applicants must appear in person to request a NEW passport. To fill out an application online, click here. Fill out the passport application (Form DS-11).
Can you get a passport during government shutdown?
The U.S. Passport Offices are often located inside federal buildings, so unfortunately those will be unavailable during the shutdown. If you need your passport immediately, an expediting service can get your passport for you in as little time as 24 hours, despite the government shutdown.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”