Cities with the highest number of Black or African American people
|City||Total population||Black or African American, alone or mixed with other races|
|Los Angeles, CA||3,792,621||402,448|
7 more rows
What percentage of the population is black?
There were 37,144,530 non-Hispanic blacks, which comprised 12.1% of the population. This number increased to 42 million according to the 2010 United States Census, when including Multiracial African Americans, making up 14% of the total U.S. population.
What is the black population in Los Angeles?
Blacks comprised roughly 9.7 percent of Los Angeles residents in 2000, but that figure has steadily declined each year (8.4 percent in 2010). Statewide, the African American population has fallen from 6.6 percent in 2000 to 5.9 percent today.7 Feb 2014
What state has the highest percentage of black population?
10 States With The Largest African-American Populations
- District of Columbia (50.7% African American)
- Mississippi (37.3% African American)
- Louisiana (32.4% African American)
- Georgia (30.5% African American)
- Maryland (29.4 % African American)
- South Carolina (27.9% African American)
- Alabama (26.2% African American)
- North Carolina (21.5% African American)
25 Apr 2017
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”