The cigarette tax rate on Saturday spikes from the current 87 cents to $2.87 per pack of 20 cigarettes.
For most smokers, that will put the cost of a standard pack of cigarettes in the $8 to $9 ballpark.
How much is a pack of cigarettes?
A carton of cigarettes usually contains 10 packs, totaling 200 cigarettes. Some cartons contain twenty packs, totaling 400 cigarettes.
How much are cigs in California?
It’s not just bout your health. A pack-a-day habit can send your retirement up in smoke.
|State||Avg. Price per Pack||Cost Over One Year|
47 more rows
How much is a pack of cigarettes in San Francisco?
The price of 1 package of Marlboro cigarettes in San Francisco, California is $11. This average is based on 9 price points. It can be considered reliable and accurate.
How much does a pack of Marlboro cigarettes cost in California?
The price of 1 package of Marlboro cigarettes in Los Angeles, California is $8. This average is based on 26 price points. It can be considered reliable and accurate.
What state has the cheapest cigarettes 2018?
- West Virginia. Cigarette tax: $0.55.
- North Carolina. Cigarette tax: $0.45.
- North Dakota. Cigarette tax: $0.44.
- Alabama. Cigarette tax: $0.425.
- Georgia. Cigarette tax: $0.37.
- Louisiana. Cigarette tax: $0.36.
- Virginia. Cigarette tax: $0.30.
- Missouri. Coming in at no. 1 is Missouri, where the cigarette tax is only $0.17 per pack.
Photo in the article by “text”