California Hunting License
- Complete the California hunter education certification requirements.
- Choose the correct license type.
- Buy the license through the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website or a California–approved agent.
How much does it cost to get a hunting license in California?
How much does it cost? Quick answer for an adult resident during the July 2015- July 2016 hunting season, take proof of hunter’s education and $47.01 to any licensing agent (Outlet Search). Certain game will require additional tags, stamps , or validations costing as little as $3.24 for bobcat to $445.35 for elk.
How much does it cost to get a hunting license?
Recreational Hunting and Fishing Licenses
|102||Senior Resident Hunting||$7.00|
|105||General Non-Resident Hunting||$315.00|
80 more rows
When can I buy a deer tag in California?
Applicants for deer tags must be age 12 as of July 1, of the current license year or at the time of purchase if purchasing after July 1. A First-Deer Tag Drawing Application or First-Deer Tag must be purchased before or at the same time as a Second-Deer Tag Drawing Application (junior hunters only) or Second-Deer Tag.
What can I hunt in California?
Public Land: Hunting and Fishing in California
- Bighorn Mountain Wilderness.
- Plumas National Forest.
- Shasta-Trinity National Forest.
- Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge.
- Modoc National Forest National.
- Crocker Meadows Wildlife Area.
- Los Padres National Forest.
- Lower Klamath National Wildlife Refuge.
Can a felon get a hunting license in California?
Colorado, like most states, relies on its state law banning felons from possessing guns to discourage them from applying for hunting licenses. He said that every year state game wardens found someone with a felony conviction hunting with a firearm and a legally obtained hunting license.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”