California absentee ballot deadlines
- In Person:
- By Mail: 7 days before Election Day.
- Online: 7 days before Election Day.
- Voted ballots are due: Postmarked by Election Day and received within 3 days of Election Day.
How can I get an absentee ballot?
Lightning Fast Access to Your Absentee Ballot Request:
- Choose your state.
- Select “Absentee Ballot Request”
- Login into “My Voter Account” or continue.
- Enter state specific data.
- Download your completed state-specific form.
- Print, Sign and Send the form to the local election office address provided.
Where can I drop off my absentee ballot?
An application may be mailed, or dropped off at the county election office. Applications must be received by the county election office by noon the day before the election. If you drop off the application you will be able to pick up the absentee ballot at the same time.
Can I pick up an absentee ballot for someone else?
Can someone else pick up my mail/absentee ballot for me? Yes. You may designate in writing a person to pick up a mail ballot for you anytime five days before an election. Your designee will need a photo ID and signed note from you in order to pick up the ballot.
Did not receive absentee ballot?
What to do if you do not receive your requested State absentee ballot. If you requested your absentee ballot and haven’t received it from your State at least 30 days before the election, you can use the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). The FWAB is an emergency backup ballot.
Can I drop my ballot off at any polling place?
You must return your vote-by-mail ballot by Election Day. You can mail your ballot or bring it to the elections office, designated drop-off locations, or to any polling place in California. Drop-off locations may be faster than dropping at a polling location where there may be lines. Remember to sign the envelope!
How do I get an absentee ballot in Missouri?
You can vote by absentee ballot in Missouri if:
- you will be absent from your voting jurisdiction on Election Day.
- you are incapacitated or confined due to illness or physical disability, or caring for an incapacitated person.
- you are restricted by religious belief or practice.
- you are employed by Election Day authority.
Can you take your absentee ballot to a polling place?
Candidates may pick up absentee ballots only for members of their immediate family. However, if you are unable to return the ballot, you may vote a provisional ballot. If you have already returned an absentee ballot to the Elections Office, you may not go to the polls to vote.
Photo in the article by “The San Juan Almanac”