Request a Copy of a Birth Record Online
- Visit www.vitalchek.com and complete the information in the request form.
- You must complete the online authentication or send in the notarized Certificate of Identity.
How do I get my birth certificate from Los Angeles California?
To request a copy of a birth record by mail:
- Complete an application for a Birth Record and Notarized Certificate of Identity (for mail only)
- Send request and fee to: Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk. Birth, Death and Marriage Records Section. PO Box 489. Norwalk, CA 90651-0489.
How do you get a copy of your birth certificate?
Contact the vital records office in the state where you were born to get a copy of your birth certificate. Follow the instructions for requesting copies and paying fees. If you need a copy fast, ask about expedited service or shipping when you place your order.
How much does it cost to get a copy of your birth certificate in California?
The cost for a certified copy of a birth certificate is $28.00. Payment may be cash, check, or money order payable to County of San Diego Public Health Services. Credit and debit cards are accepted through VitalChek with a $2.50 convenience fee. Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
How do I get a California birth certificate?
To obtain a birth certificate you will need download an application form and a sworn statement, and mail these to the California Department of Public Health.
Mail your application into the CDPH.
- California Department of Public Health.
- Vital Records – MS 5103.
- Sacramento, CA 95899-7410.
Are birth records public in California?
In the state of California government data is governed by the California Public Records Act (CPRA) which legally obligates the state to provide you with the information you request. California birth, death, marriage and divorce records are maintained by the California Department of Public Health Vital Records (CDPH).
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”