No matter what the court ultimately decides in a custody hearing, it is required to find a solution that is in the child’s best interests.
Courts will consider the following factors when determining a child’s best interests in a child custody case: Physical and mental health of parents.
How do I file for full custody of my child in California?
If you have an open case and want to request a hearing for custody and visitation issues
- Fill out your court forms.
- Have your forms reviewed.
- Make at least 2 copies of all your forms.
- File your forms with the court clerk.
- Get your court date or mediation date.
- Serve your papers on the other parent.
- File your Proof of Service.
How can I get custody without a lawyer?
Getting Custody of a Child Without a Lawyer
- Contact the court clerk. The very first thing you need to do is contact your local family court and ask the clerk how you can obtain the papers you will need in order to file for child custody without a lawyer.
- Research child custody laws in your state.
26 Sep 2018
How do you get full custody of a child?
To win sole physical and legal custody, you must show the court that awarding you custody is in the best interests of your child due to factors such as your existing relationship with the child; stability of the home life you provide; inability of the father to meet the child’s needs; father’s lack of involvement in
Photo in the article by “Flickr”