All applicants are required to take 12 hours of Ethics and California Insurance Code Pre-licensing Education.
On top of that applicants must take another 20 hours of General Insurance Pre-licensing Education in the field they wish to specialize in.
How much is an insurance license in California?
If you wish to get your Property & Casualty AND your Life, Accident, & Health licenses, you will need to apply for each license separately, and pay the $170 fee each time. Fill out your online application on the California Department of Insurance FLASH web page.
How long does it take to become an insurance agent?
How long does it take to become an insurance agent? While taking two or four years to earn a college degree can enhance one’s job prospects, in many cases, one can become an insurance agent after completing only a pre-licensing course, which can take several days.
How much do insurance agents make in California?
How much does an Entry Level Insurance Agent make in California?
|Sameday Insurance Entry Level Insurance Agent 17 salaries||$100,000 per year|
|Purves & Associates Insurance Entry Level Insurance Agent 5 salaries||$50,000 per year|
|Mueller Reports Entry Level Insurance Agent 16 salaries||$13.74 per hour|
2 more rows
What is a passing score on the California insurance exam?
How do I become a licensed insurance agent?
5 Steps to Becoming an Insurance Agent
- Step 1 Decide if you want to complete an associate or bachelor’s degree program.
- Step 2 Pick a specialty.
- Step 3 Complete pre-licensure requirements.
- Step 4 Pass a licensing exam.
- Step 5 Apply at insurance agencies.
Do you need a license to sell insurance?
Each state requires insurance agents to hold a license to sell policies. Most states require separate licenses to sell property and casualty insurance versus life and health insurance. The majority of states also require licensed insurance agents to complete continuing education programs every two years.
How do I get a P&C license?
You must pass a general knowledge exam in order to become a licensed P&C agent.
Requirements for a Property and Casualty Insurance License
- Complete a Pre-Licensing Course: Roughly half of all states have pre-licensing requirements.
- Pass Your State Exam: Take the test in person at the provider’s physical location.
How do I get started as an insurance agent?
Part 2 Insurance Agent Education
- Consider a bachelor’s degree in business or finance. If you want to begin your career path in insurance, this is an excellent entry into the industry.
- Research the requirements for being an agent or producer in your state.
- Take licensing classes.
Photo in the article by “National Park Service”