You can visit RedCross.org, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make an automatic $10 donation.” Direct Relief “is providing N-95 masks, medicine, and other resources to healthcare agencies and first responders in wildfire-affected communities across California.”12 Nov 2018
How can we help wildfire victims?
5 Ways You Can Help California’s Wildfire Victims
- DONATE MONEY. Making a financial contribution to a nonprofit that’s helping wildfire victims is usually the best way of ensuring your donation will be utilized, according to the Center for International Disaster Information.
- DONATE FOOD.
- OPEN UP YOUR HOME.
- FOSTER OR ADOPT A PET.
- VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME AND EXPERTISE.
Where can I donate for fire victims?
GoFundMe has organized a page that catalogs the relief efforts in Northern and Southern California. It includes links to donate to families who have lost their homes. Google is collecting donations to help those affected by the wildfires in Southern California.11 Nov 2018
How do I donate to California Fire Victims?
The American Red Cross is taking donations to help fire victims by selecting “California Wildfires” for your donations here. You can also text the word CAWILDFIRES to 90999 to make a $10 donation.14 Nov 2018
How do I donate to fire relief?
To donate by phone or to get assistance with your donation, please contact us at 1-800-HELP NOW (1-800-435-7669).
Donate now to help:
- Provide food, comfort and aid to those who have lost their home to fire.
- Install free smoke alarms in high-risk neighborhoods nationwide.
- Educate families on fire safety.
Is Direct Relief a good charity?
Charity Navigator, the largest independent evaluator of U.S. charities, ranks the 10 top charities from the more than 8,000 organizations it reviews each year.
Charity Navigator’s 2019 Top 10 List.
|Rank||Top 10 Charities||Score|
|3||Matthew 25: Ministries||100.00|
7 more rows
What do you do in a wildfire?
While in your home:
- Stay calm, keep your family together.
- Call 911 and inform authorities of your location.
- Fill sinks and tubs with cold water.
- Keep doors and windows closed, but unlocked.
- Stay inside your house.
- Stay away from outside walls and windows.
Does insurance cover California wildfires?
Typically, a standard homeowners insurance policy will include coverage in the event of a fire. “As long as you’ve been paying your premiums, the standard homeowner’s insurance policy covers fire damage to your home, structures on your property, and most of your belongings,” reported Darla Mercado of CNBC.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”