Things You’ll Need
- Government-issued photo ID.
- Residential lease/property deed.
- Utility bill.
- Letter from the government/court (marriage license, divorce, government aid)
- Bank statement.
- Driver’s license/learner’s permit.
- Car registration.
- Notarized affidavit of residency.
What counts as proof of residency?
We accept the following kinds of documents as a proof of residence: national ID. driver’s license. recent utility bill (gas, water, electric, landline phone, cable TV)
How long do you have to live in California to be considered a resident?
Does an ID count as proof of residency?
To get or renew any driver’s license, ID card, or learner’s permit, you need documents and/or proof of your Social Security number, U.S. citizenship or lawful presence, and Massachusetts residency as required by federal and state law. Below are the types of documents the RMV will accept to prove identity.
How do I prove my primary residence?
- You must live there most of the year.
- It must be a convenient distance from your place of employment.
- You need documentation to prove your residence. You can use your voter registration, tax return, etc.
What qualifies as proof of address?
Proof of Address
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Property Tax Receipt.
- Posted Mail with name of applicant.
- Utility Bill.
- Lease Agreement.
- Insurance Card.
- Voter Registration Card.
- College Enrollment Papers.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”