Can I Get A Replacement ID Online In California??

You’re going to need to head to your local California DMV office.

You can not apply for a new California drivers license online or over the phone.

The documents for a new drivers license or identification card must be filled out at the office, in person.

What do you do if you lose your California ID?

How do you replace a lost ID in California? You go to the DMV web page, click on “appointments” under “Online Services” and schedule an appointment. When you get there you’ll check in at the reception/security desk and will be given the form you need to fill out.

Can I get a California ID online?

To apply for an ID, you must complete a Driver License and Identification Card application and pay any fees. For current ID fees, visit Effective April 2018 DMV will begin offering an online DL and ID application process. Applicants will complete their electronic application before visiting DMV.

What do you need to replace a lost ID?

Replace a Non-Driver ID Card

  • Your lost, stolen, or damaged ID card is either a REAL ID or a Limited Purpose identification card.
  • Your current name is on file at DC DMV.
  • Your current address is on file at DC DMV.
  • Change of Address.
  • You have your identification card number, first name, last name, Social Security number, and date of birth.

How do I get a new CA ID?


  1. Complete a Driver License or Identification Card Application form.
  2. Present an acceptable Identity document.
  3. Present an acceptable residency document.
  4. Provide your social security number.
  5. Provide your true full name.
  6. Pay the application fee.
  7. Additional information regarding an identification (ID) card.

Can I get a replacement ID online?

You have the option of replacing a lost, damaged or stolen standard ID card online through ExpressSOS. You must be a U.S. citizen with a valid Social Security number to replace an ID card online. Replacement ID cards will only be mailed to your residential address.

Photo in the article by “EIA”