How-to: Become an extreme couponer
- Step 1: Start collecting coupons. There are many places to find coupons.
- Step 2: Buy a binder and get organized. Organization is key to becoming an extreme couponer.
- Step 3: Research store policies.
- Step 4: Learn how coupons work.
- Step 5: Look for the deals.
- Step 6: Start saving money.
What stores allow extreme couponing?
Well here’s a list of 10 of the top stores out there that allow you to stack coupons.
- Target. From their website:
- Publix. Publix has a fairly simple coupon stacking policy.
- Whole Foods. Their coupon policy states:
- Dollar General. Per Dollar General’s website:
- Family Dollar. Their website says:
- Rite Aid.
Which stores let you stack coupons?
6 Stores That Allow Coupon Stacking
- BJ’s Wholesale Club. BJ’s allows you to stack one of each of the following on a single item:
- CVS Pharmacy. CVS allows you to stack one of each of the following:
- Dollar General. Dollar General allows you to stack one of each of the following:
- Rite Aid.
What is the best app for extreme couponing?
Top Couponing Apps to Save Money
- Ibotta. Ibotta recently announced they’ve given back more than $500 million to shoppers.
- SnipSnap. My absolute favorite coupon app is SnipSnap.
- Coupon Sherpa.
Are coupons worth it?
Using coupons seems like an old-fashioned, time-consuming way to save a few cents on the products you buy at the grocery store. After all, most coupons don’t usually have a face value of more than $1 and, quite often, they’re worth far less. But done properly, couponing can save you thousands of dollars every year.
Does Walmart do double coupons?
Yes! Walmart will accept printable coupons, manufacturer coupons, competitor coupons, soft drink caps, and Catalinas. However, they do not accept: Double or twice the value coupons (Some Walmart’s consider twice the value coupons competitor coupons and will accept them.)
Do stores lose money on coupons?
You also may wonder if the manufacturers themselves lose money when people use coupons. Manufacturers do, indeed, reimburse stores for each coupon that shoppers use. However, coupons are part of their larger business plans. About 94 percent of all coupons are thrown in the trash.
Can you use two different manufacturer coupons on the same item?
You sure can, as long as both aren’t manufacturer coupons. You can combine a store and manufacturer coupon to get a bigger discount on the purchase of a single product in the same transaction. Even if both coupons say “Limit one coupon per transaction,” you can use them together because they’re not identical coupons.
Can you stack coupons at Dollar General?
Customers may use a single Dollar General store coupon along with a single manufacturer coupon per single item in a transaction, as long as the coupons do not state otherwise. Combining (also known as stacking) two or more manufacturer coupons per item is not allowed.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”