- Put a fingernail-sized amount into the palm of your hand and rub palms together to warm and emulsify the pomade.
- Apply evenly throughout damp or dry hair with fingertips.
- Apply product to wet hair for a wet-look finish, or to dry hair for a natural look with less definition.
Can you apply clay to wet hair?
Step 1: For best results, apply the Matte Hair Clay when hair is still damp. If you’ve just stepped out of the shower, run a towel through it once or twice being careful not to absorb too much water. Then, rub your two palms together until the Matte Hair Clay is spread thinly across your hands.
Is clay good for thin hair?
Smooth Viking’s Hair Styling Clay hold, while not as strong as some clays, is still strong enough. It helps to provide thickness to thin hair and provides texture to flat or straight hair without feeling like it’s weighing your hair down. We think it ranks among the best hair clay for fine hair. It’s easy to apply.
What is the best strong hold mens hair product?
In general – gels provide a high shine.
- Wax – Medium Hold, Medium Shine.
- Pomade – Medium Hold & High Shine.
- Clay – High Hold & Low Shine.
- Paste – Medium Hold & Medium Shine.
- Cream – Low hold & Medium Shine.
- Mousse – Use For Volume.
- Hair Serum – Low Hold & High Shine.
- Hairspray – Finishing Touches.
What’s the difference between pomade and paste?
The best way to think about the difference between pomade, paste, clay, and gel is by examining the end result. Styling Clay is a happy medium between Gel and Paste. It has a stronger hold like gel, without the high-shine finish. Clay is great for shorter spikier styles and has great “tack” in the hair.
What is hair clay?
Hair Clay, also known as Clay on the hair industry, is a hair product that has very similar characteristics to hair wax. Clay also makes the hair soft. It also disentangles the hair. Clay has a little to no shine, meaning a stylist can achieve a very natural and dull look.