Where can I sell old books for cash?
Where To Sell Used Books: 6 Of The Best Places Online (And In Person)
- BookScouter. I like to start with BookScouter.com.
- Half Price Books.
- 4. Powell’s Books.
- Online Buy Back Programs.
- Your local indie.
Where can I sell my books for the highest price?
Best Sites to Sell Textbooks (And Books)
- BookScouter. BookScouter might be the best website to sell textbooks for the most money because it compares the prices of 38 vendors at once.
Who pays the most for used books?
Amazon: If you’re okay with receiving gift cards instead of cash for your books, Amazon has an excellent book buyback program. It advertises that it pays up to 80 percent of the value of a book, and that could prove to be significantly more than what book re-sellers are currently paying.
How much money do you get for selling books to Half Price Books?
Half Price Books offered me approximately, on average, 30 cents to 50 cents per book (which books were in “like new” condition). Those same books were being sold by them for $4-$5 per book.
How can I sell books for cash?
Here are the top 10 places to sell books for cash, while decluttering or just to make a little extra money for something you want or need.
- Amazon.com (as Third-Party Seller)
- Sell Back Your Book.
- Half Price Books Stores.
- Yard Sales & Garage Sales.
What books are worth money?
Here is a list of the 20 books that can get you a whole lot of money:
- The Hobbit (1937), J.R.R. Tolkien.
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone (1997), J.K. Rowling.
- The Cat in the Hat (1957) Dr.
- The Hound of the Baskervilles (1902), Arthur Conan Doyle.
- The Bible (1600 – 1630)
Where can I sell old school books?
Best Places To Resell Your Textbooks
- AbeBooks. AbeBooks is a great place to resell your textbooks, but it does require a bit more work than some of the other places on this list.
- Barnes and Noble.
- Campus Books.
Will Amazon buy back books?
Amazon. Pros: The online retail giant will buy back almost every book imaginable through its Textbooks Trade-In program. You can, though, trade in other books with an ISBN, and shipping is included.
What can you do with unwanted books?
London Charity Shops That Take Book Donations
- London Children’s Book Project. The books donated to this foundation are cleaned and sorted by age and topic before being distributed to their partner organisations.
- Books for London. This one is pretty cool.
- Octavia Foundation.
- British Heart Foundation.
- Fara Charity Shops.
How can I get rid of old books for cash?
How To Get Rid of Books with Little or No Value
- Check the Value of Your Books. Before you embark on your library-purging spree, be sure to check the actual market value of your books.
- Sell Your Books.
- Auction and Classifieds Websites.
- Local Bookstores.
- Hobby Centers, Consignment Traders and Flea Markets.
- Garage Sales.
- Trade Your Books.
- Donate Your Books.
Does Barnes and Noble buy used books?
They’ll only take books in good condition. “That means no mildew stains, missing pages, or lots of underlined text. Books that we determine to be in unsatisfactory condition will be destroyed, and you will not receive payment for that book.
Does anyone buy used books?
You can sell your books on a lot of sites, like eBay and Abebooks. Amazon, though, is the biggest and most-trafficked bookstore in the world, so it’s the best place to sell your books. By selling books yourself on Amazon, you can list your book in the “New & Used” section of a book’s Amazon page.
What will Half Price Books Buy?
We accept DVDs and Blu-Rays in their original packaging. Due to low demand, we usually cannot offer much for VHS tapes and laserdiscs. We make competitive offers for collectible books, posters, magazines and other paper items as well as action figures, other vintage toys and entertainment and sports memorabilia.
How do you price books to sell?
Ten Tips for Pricing Your Book Profitably
- Choose the retail price wisely.
- Pricing your book is an art, not a science.
- Price your book based on its value.
- Do not price your book using an “X-time-cost” formula.
- Do not price your book the same as competitive books.
- Look at your price differently.
- Know your discount structure.
- Price is not the same as cost.
How do I find out what a book is worth?
One very simple method of finding an approximate value of a book is to search for similar copies on AbeBooks.com and see what prices are being asked.