Which part of LA is the best?
Los Angeles is the US’s second-largest city, and its sprawling neighborhoods have something for everyone. These are the best neighborhoods to live in in LA, according to someone who lived there for 12 years. Manhattan Beach, Glendale, Downtown LA, Silver Lake, and Monrovia top the list for different reasons.
Where can I go in LA at night?
11 Fun Things to Do in LA at Night
- Climb Up to Griffith Observatory. The Griffith Observatory is one of the best places to view the twinkling LA skyline.
- Stroll Down Santa Monica Pier.
- Hit the Street Food Cinema.
- Go on a Downtown Art Walk.
- Head to Bowlmor Santa Monica.
- Universal City Walk.
- Eat in Chinatown.
- Late Night Donuts.
Where should you not stay in LA?
BONUS – Where NOT to stay in LA (+ the list of safest neighbourhoods)
- Skid Row (the largest number of homeless people in the US live here)
- South Central.
- Downtown LA (only at night)
- Hyde Park.
- West Adams.
Where can I see celebrities in LA?
Where to Spot a Celebrity in Los Angeles
- Palm trees, endless summers, and forever beach days aside, many people flock to Los Angeles with the hope of spotting someone famous.
- Runyon Canyon.
- Musso & Frank Grill.
- Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Beauty & Essex.
- TCL Chinese Theatres.
- Little Dom’s.
- Franklin Village.
Is La dangerous?
Yes, it has a reputation for being somewhat dangerous but it is also known for being a clean and safe holiday destination. The high crime rates MIGHT alarm you, but in comparison to other big cities in the US, Los Angeles has “the largest decline in crime of any major American city” – according to the FBI.
What part of LA has the best nightlife?
Here are some of the best neighborhoods in L.A. for nightlife.
- West Hollywood.
- Hermosa Beach.
- Downtown L.A.
- Silver Lake and Echo Park.
What do adults do for fun at night?
Free Fun Things You Can Do at Night
- Enjoy a Free Outdoor Concert. Most cities have some venue for free outdoor concerts.
- Have a Game Night.
- Have a Backyard Camping Experience.
- Do a Girls Spa Evening.
- Do a Guys Sports Evening.
- Movie Night.
- Attend (or Host) a Neighborhood Outdoor Movie Event.
- Have a Bonfire.
What is there to do in LA at night for free?
For more great nighttime activities that won’t hurt your budget, check our free things to do at night section.
- 10) Get a Tourist Pass.
- Honorable Mentions.
- Walk the Hollywood Strip.
- See the Actual Stars at Griffith Observatory.
- Hike to the Hollywood Sign.
- Stroll the Santa Monica Pier.
- Spend an Evening at a Free Museum.
Where should a first time tourist stay in Los Angeles?
First–time visitors usually stay in hip and happening Hollywood, near attractions like the Walk of Fame and Universal Studios, or posh Beverly Hills, home to the designer shops of Rodeo Drive. Young couples and travelers love West Hollywood (WeHo) for its funky bohemian style and eclectic shops.
What area is best to stay in LA?
- Beverly Hills. Beverly Hills is a walk-able village full of high-end clothing stores, restaurants and fantastic people watching.
- Downtown. Downtown is a premier location for great restaurants and nightlife in Los Angeles among high-rises and a dynamic street culture.
- Santa Monica.
- West Hollywood.
Which part of Los Angeles is dangerous?
In terms of bad neighborhoods in Los Angeles, that same research shows the highest rates of crime occurring in Chesterfield Square, Watts, Exposition Park, Chinatown, Crenshaw, Fairfax, and Hollywood.
Where in LA do most celebrities live?
Celebrities who live in Beverly Hills
With the best-known ZIP code in the world, Beverly Hills is a famous tourist destination, and a top spot to reside for some of the most important people in show biz. Channing Tatum, Beyonce and Jay Z, and Slash all own property here.
Where do celebrities hang out in Malibu?
Point Dume State Beach (Malibu, Calif.)
Celebrities seen hanging out here on their own free time include Chris Martin, Pink, and Julia Roberts.
Do you see a lot of celebrities in LA?
Yes, but like most commenters said they are just regular people. Celebrities in LA look and act like regular people when you see them unless they are all dolled up for an event. The number one rule in LA when it comes to celebrities is leave them alone.