What is there to do on Memorial Day weekend in California?
5 Road Trips to Take from Southern California This Memorial Day Weekend
- Universal Studios Hollywood. Located north of Los Angeles in the San Fernando Valley, Universal Studios Hollywood is a great choice for the entire family.
- Joshua Tree National Park.
- San Francisco, CA.
- San Diego, CA.
- Disneyland in Anaheim, CA.
What is there to do in LA in May 2020?
- Attend a Concert.
- Dance at the Wallis on May 10.
- The Downtown LA Art Walk.
- Long Beach Pride Parade.
- The Pulitzer Prize Winners Event.
- Public Star Party at Griffith Park Observatory.
- Wine Tastings at the Hollyhock House -Fridays in August.
- Smorgasburg in L.A.
What can I do for Memorial Day weekend?
20 Memorial Day Activities for the Whole Family
- Take a virtual tour of the White House.
- Listen to veterans’ stories.
- Craft your own Memorial Day poppy.
- Donate to related causes.
- Brush up on American history.
- Write letters to soldiers and their families.
- Clip coupons.
What is there to do in Los Angeles this weekend?
What to Do in LA – the Must-Sees on a Short Trip
- Santa Monica Pier.
- Venice Beach Boardwalk.
- Hollywood and the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- The Hollywood Sign.
- Miracle Mile.
- Getty Museum.
- Griffith Park & Griffith Observatory.
- The Original Farmers Market.
What is there to do in LA in March 2020?
21 Really Cool Things to do This March in Los Angeles (2020)
- The Wizard’s Den Pop-Up Bar (all March)
- Super Tuesday Bash 2020 at The Hammer (March 3)
- First Fridays at Natural History Museum Los Angeles (March 6)
- Los Angeles Marathon Health & Fitness Expo (March 6-7)
- Holi Festival of Colors (March 7-8)
- 46th Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival (March 8)
- PaleyFest LA (March 13-22)
What museums are open in LA?
Los Angeles Museums Open Late
- Hammer Museum. 10899 Wilshire Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90024.
- Griffith Observatory. 2800 E. Observatory Rd.
- Getty Center. N.
- The Broad. 221 S.
- Institute of Contemporary Art. 1717 E.
- LACMA. 5905 Wilshire Blvd.
- MOCA + Geffen Contemporary at MOCA. 250 S.
- Museum of Latin American Art. 628 Alamitos Ave.
What do families do on Memorial Day?
- PLAN A FAMILY BBQ. Traditionally seen as the unofficial kick-off to summer, Memorial Day is an excellent time to get family and friends together to share stories of the past, exchange gratitude, and enjoy a delicious meal together.
- DECORATE WITH FLAGS.
- ENJOY A CONCERT.
- TAKE A TRIP.
How do you pay respect on Memorial Day?
Remembering Our Heroes: Paying your respects on Memorial Day
- Attend a Memorial Day event. Many Dignity Memorial® cemeteries and funeral homes host Memorial Day commemorative events to honor fallen soldiers.
- Place a flag for a hero.
- Volunteer with a local veterans organization.
- Send a card or care package to soldiers.
- Share a personal reflection.
What do you do with kids on Memorial Day?
10 Things to Do on Memorial Day with Kids
- Make a Care Package for “Adopt a Platoon”
- Make a Patriotic Wreath of 5-pointed Stars.
- Pay Homage to Your local Veteran’s Hospital or Retired Veteran’s Home.
- Volunteer with Your Local USO Center.
- Suggest Your School Participates in the “Take a Veteran to School Day”
Where can I see celebrities in LA?
Where to Spot a Celebrity in Los Angeles
- Palm trees, endless summers, and forever beach days aside, many people flock to Los Angeles with the hope of spotting someone famous.
- Runyon Canyon.
- Musso & Frank Grill.
- Hollywood Roosevelt.
- Beauty & Essex.
- TCL Chinese Theatres.
- Little Dom’s.
- Franklin Village.
What should you not miss in LA?
- Griffith Observatory.
- Santa Monica & Venice Beach.
- The Grove.
- Oue Skyspace.
- Laugh Factory.
- Universal Studios.
- Getty Centre.
How can I spend 3 days in LA?
3 DAYS IN L.A. ITINERARY
- Stroll on the Santa Monica Beach and Pier (free)
- Walk (bike, or rollerblade) to Venice Beach (free)
- Drive to Malibu (free)
- Visit the Griffith Observatory (free!)
- Walk the Sunset Strip (free!)
- Visit the Chinese Theater (free!)
- Tour the Dolby Theater.
- Walk the Hollywood Walk of Fame (free!)