1. Collect your paperwork
- Locate your car’s title. This is also called a pink slip; it gives you the legal right to sell the car.
- Check with your lender. If you still owe money on your vehicle’s loan, call the lender to find out how to arrange the sale.
- Visit the DMV online.
- Order a vehicle history report.
2 Nov 2017
Do I need to smog my car before selling it in California?
Your first step as the seller is to have the car inspected, as it is required to sell the car with a valid California Smog Certificate,which is good for 90 days from the date on the document.
Where do I sign to transfer a car title in California?
Sign the front of the title on line 1a where it reads “Signature of Registered Owner.” 2. Sign below the odometer section of the title where it reads “Transferor/ Seller Signature(s).” You’ll need to sign both in the Seller Signature section, and the signature portion in the Odometer section.
Do I have to smog my car before selling it in California?
When selling a car in California, you must change the title over to a new owner. When you do this through the DMV, you will be required to provide proof of smog certification in the state of California. It is important to note it is the responsibility of the seller to have the vehicle smog certified.7 Mar 2012
What is the best way to sell a car privately?
The 5 Best Ways To Sell Your Car (In Terms of Ease, Value, And Convenience)
- First, get the value of your car.
- Option #1: Trade it in for your new car.
- Option #2: Sell it to an outside dealer.
- Option #3: Sell it to CarMax.
- Option #4: Sell to a private party.
- Option #5: Take a shot on the “We Buy Cars For Cash” offerings.
What’s the best way to sell a car?
The 6 Best Ways to Sell Your Car
- Sell It Privately. Selling a car on your own will ensure you get the most money for it.
- Sell It to a Dealership. Once you visit the dealership, you will receive an appraisal of the value of your vehicle.
- Sell It to CarMax.
- Take Advantage of Autotrader.
- Have the Vehicle Picked Up.
- Trade It In.
Photo in the article by “Good Free Photos”