You can check and may be able to change your registration online through Can I Vote.
This includes your name, address, and political party.
Contact your state or local election office for help to change your voter registration.
How do I change from Democrat to Republican in California?
In order to change your political party preference, you must re-register to vote. You can re-register to vote by completing a voter registration application online at RegisterToVote.ca.gov.
How do I change my party affiliation in NC?
The North Carolina Voter Registration Application may be used to change any voting information, including: name, address and party affiliation. The change notification must be signed, and should be sent to the appropriate County Board of Elections by the voter registration deadline (25 days before each election).
How do I change my political party affiliation in Maryland?
You can use this website to:
- Register to vote in federal, state, county, and city elections in Maryland.
- Request an absentee ballot.
- Update your registration if your name has changed or your address has changed. You can also update your registration if you want to change to a new political party.
How do I change my party preference?
You must re-register to vote (by filling out new registration form) if:
- You change your address within the county or move to another county in California.
- You change your name.
- You wish to affiliate (join) a political party or change your political party affiliation.
- You want to change where your ballot is being mailed.
How do I change my political party affiliation in NY?
For both voter registration and a change to party affiliation, registrants must fill out the same voter registration form. You can get this form at your County Board of Elections, download it from the State Board of Elections website or call 1-800-FOR-VOTE.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”