The distance from Monterey to San Francisco about a 120 miles south, so you’re not looking at a very long San Francisco to Monterey Bay driving time either.
You should only be on the road about two hours each way.
Is Monterey CA expensive?
Cost of Living in Monterey, California. An amount below 100 means Monterey is cheaper than the US average. A cost of living index above 100 means Monterey, California is more expensive.
Where should I stay between San Francisco and Monterey?
Things to do between San Francisco and Monterey
- Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa. 6,348 reviews. Monterey, CA.
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay. 2,912 reviews. Monterey, CA.
- InterContinental The Clement Monterey. 3,256 reviews.
- Monterey Tides. 1,643 reviews.
- Monterey Bay Inn. 1,755 reviews.
- Lone Oak Lodge. 1,274 reviews.
- Spindrift Inn. 2,101 reviews.
- Hotel Abrego. 2,852 reviews.
What is there to do from Monterey to San Francisco?
Road Trip Diaries: 6 spectacular things to do between San Francisco and Big Sur
- Andytown Coffee Roasters. 3655 Lawton Street, San Francisco, California 94122.
- Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. 400 Beach Street, Santa Cruz, California 95060.
- Monterey Bay Aquarium.
- Point Lobos Loop Trail.
- Glen Oaks Big Sur.
Is Highway 1 open now?
Highway 1, the popular artery on California’s coast, is now fully re-opened following a 14-month closure due to a massive mudslide. The section of Highway 1 near Big Sur re-opened last week. The California Department of Transportation says the repairs cost about $54 million.
Where should I stop between San Francisco and Los Angeles?
From San Francisco to San Diego and everywhere in between
- San Francisco. The Golden Gate Park is a great place to start this epic trip.
- San Jose. Full of galleries, museums and San Jose is well worth a stop on your Pacific Coast Highway trip.
- Santa Cruz.
- Big Sur.
- San Simeon.
- San Luis Obispo.
- Santa Barbara.
Is Monterey CA a safe place to live?
Current Resident: Soledad is one of the safest places to live in California. Additionally, the air quality is excellent according to the EPA. Also, the town has many different schools.
What is the best time to visit Monterey CA?
Best Times to Visit Monterey. The best time to visit Monterey is between April and May. Spring offers warmer temperatures, fewer crowds and food festivals dishing out delectable eats, including Pebble Beach Food & Wine and the Artichoke Festival in Castroville.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”