Top 10 Southern California Beaches
- Laguna Beach, CA. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- Coronado. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- El Matador State Beach. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- Venice Beach. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- Santa Monica. Photo by: ThinkStock. ThinkStock.
- Newport Beach. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- Hermosa Beach. Photo by: iStock. iStock.
- La Jolla Cove, CA. Photo by: ThinkStock.
Where are the warmest beaches in California?
California’s best beaches for warm winter weather are along the southern coast, particularly south-facing shores. The warmest temperatures happen at Avila Beach, Long Beach and Laguna Beach where the days get up to at least 67 degrees F (19 °C) on average in December and January.
How many beaches does Los Angeles have?
Does California have good beaches?
Many consider Coronado Municipal Beach as the most beautiful American beach and one of the best California beaches, for its sparkling sand, soft, warm surf and picturesque surrounds. The municipal beach actually consists of four beaches: Coronado City Beach, Glorietta Bay Park, Tidelands Park, and Centennial Park.
Which beach is the cleanest in California?
California’s 6 Cleanest Beaches
- San Simeon Beach at Pico Ave., San Luis Obispo County.
- Morro City Beach, Morro Bay, San Luis Obispo County.
- Oil Piers Beach, Ventura.
- Portuguese Bend Cove, Rancho Palos Verdes, Los Angeles County.
- The Wedge, Newport Beach, Orange County.
- San Elijo State Beach, Encinitas, San Diego County.
Which beach in California is the best for family?
Here is our list of the top 10 kid-friendly beaches in LA (companion map here).
- Mother’s Beach, Marina del Rey.
- Santa Monica State Beach – South Beach.
- Venice City Beach & Pier Beach.
- Playa del Rey Beach.
- Manhattan Beach.
- Dockweiler State Beach.
- Leo Carrillo State Park North & South Beach.
- Zuma Beach.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”