Generally, you may be eligible to CalFresh benefits if you:
- receive CalWORKs or General Relief.
- have limited income or no income.
- have limited property.
- are a U.S. Citizen or a legal resident.
- are able-bodied, do not have children under age 18, and are working 20 hours per week or are in the Workfare program.
How do I apply for EBT?
Apply For Cash, SNAP (Food Stamps) & Medical Assistance
- Apply Online. Use the Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) to apply for SNAP, cash or medical assistance.
- Apply Using a Paper Application. Download the application.
- Apply At Your local Family Community Resource Center. Applications are taken at DHS local offices.
How do I apply for EBT online in California?
You can apply for CalFresh online, by phone, mail, fax or in person:
- Call 2-1-1 San Diego.
- Call Access at 1-(866) 262-9881 to request application forms.
- Download an application.
- Visit your local Family Resource Center and request an application.
- Documents needed to apply.
Is EBT still down in California?
California’s Electronic Benefits Transfer system to shut down for 24 hours this weekend. For 24 hours starting late Saturday, California Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cardholders will not be able to use their cards. The interruption is due to a change in the vendors that operate the EBT system.
What is the income limit for food stamps in CA?
If you are 60 years of age or older, disabled, or if you get Medi-Cal, you may qualify for CalFresh even if your income is higher than listed above.
|CalFresh Income Guidelines – October 1, 2014 to September 30, 2015|
|Household Size||Maximum Gross Monthly Income|
6 more rows
What is the maximum income to qualify for food stamps?
If your household only consists of one person, then the gross monthly income to be eligible for SNAP is $1,287 (net $990). For two people, gross is $1,726 (net $1,335).
Photo in the article by “Flickr”