If you meet the California Section 8 (Housing Choice Voucher) basic program eligibility requirements, you should go ahead and apply for participation, all you need to do is: Contact your nearest California Public Housing Authority (PHA).
Can I apply online for Section 8 housing?
Here are the steps and requirements for low-income families or individuals to apply for Housing Choice Vouchers to get help with rent. Fill out an application form online during the period when the voucher waiting list is open. The Section 8 HCV Waiting List opens for a one-week period each January. 2.
How can I get section 8 immediately?
Steps to Get Section 8 Housing or Section 8 Apartments
- Find your local Public Housing Agency (PHA).
- Determine if you are eligible.
- Obtain an application for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program.
- Fill out and submit the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher program application.
- Find out Waiting List status.
What are the qualifications for Section 8 housing?
Section 8 is a program designed to help lower-income individuals afford housing. Therefore, to qualify for a housing choice voucher, a family’s yearly income must be below a certain amount. Each year, HUD sets income limits.
Photo in the article by “Wikipedia”