14 Top-Rated Tourist Attractions in California
- 1 San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge. San Francisco and the Golden Gate Bridge.
- 2 Yosemite National Park. Yosemite Falls | Photo Copyright: Lana Law.
- 3 Disneyland. Disneyland.
- 4 Death Valley National Park.
- 5 Big Sur.
- 6 Lake Tahoe.
- 7 Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks.
- 8 Redwood National and State Parks.
How would you describe the weather in California?
Much of California has a Mediterranean-like climate with warm, dry summers and mild, wet winters. On the coast, the average daily high temperature hovers around 70°F and up, but can occasionally spike to 80°F or more on hottest summer days; freezing temperatures are rare, even in winter.
What is California culture?
The culture of California is tied to the culture of the United States as a whole. However, there are features that are unique to California. With roots in the cultures of Spain, Asia, Mexico, and the eastern United States, California integrates foods, languages and traditions from all over the world.
What are some traditions in California?
Holiday Traditions in California
- Tamales. Many Texas holiday traditions can be traced back to Latin American and Spanish cultures.
- Christmas Eve at the Hotel Del Coronado.
- Newport Beach Christmas Boat Parade in Newport Beach.
- The Bob Baker Marionette Theater Holiday Show.
- Scientology Santa at L. Ron Hubbard Winter Wonderland in Hollywood.
What are 5 facts about California?
The gold rush probably helped earn California the nickname the Golden State, as did its golden poppies, the state flower. California is bordered by the Pacific Ocean in the west, Oregon in the north, Nevada and Arizona in the east, and Mexico in the south.
What is a fun fact about California?
California produces more than 17 million gallons of wine each year. The redwood is the official state tree. Some of the giant redwoods in Sequoia National Park are more than 2,000 years old. The California poppy is the official state flower.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”