Otherwise, you won’t have to take a driving test.
You must transfer your out-of-state license in person at your local DMV office.
Currently, only four offices accept walk-ins as well as appointments; the rest are by appointment only.
You can make an appointment online or by calling the DMV at 1-800-777-0133.
What documents do you need to get a permit?
What do I need to bring to the DMV to get my permit?
- Proof of Identification – Birth certificate (or a certified copy issued by state you were born in) or United States Passport.
- Proof of Social Security Number – Original social security card or your W-2 showing your SSN.
- Proof of Residential Address – Home utility bill, cable bill, home telephone bill, etc. (
Do you have to have your parents with you to get a permit?
Q. Do my parents need to come with me to get a driver’s license or an instruction permit? A.If you are under the age of 16, yes (one parent or guardian). If you are over 16, no, unless you have not had your parent certify your SO hours of driving time.
How do you get a license to get your permit?
Here’s an outline of the top 5 steps to getting your license so you’re all prepared to get in the driver’s seat.
- Step 1: Take a Driver’s Ed Course.
- Step 2: Complete Behind-the-Wheel Training.
- Step 3: Get Your Learner’s Permit.
- Step 4: Get Plenty of Practice.
- Step 5: Apply for Your Driver’s License!
- About the Author.
Can I just walk in and take my permit test?
Can I walk in to a DMV office at any time and take my learner’s permit knowledge test? No. Learner’s permit tests are by appointment only and you must use DMV’s online service to schedule your knowledge exam and make your payment.
How can I pass my permit test in California?
The California driver’s written exam has 46 questions. You will need to answer at least 38 of them correctly in order to pass the test. You also get three chances to pass the exam. If you fail the exam the first time, you will have to wait a week to take it again.
What do I need to take my permit test in California?
What to bring to take your written test and get your California driver permit
- A completed DL 44 (Driver License Application) with your parents’/guardians’ signatures (signatures not needed if you’re over 18)
- Your birth certificate (original or certified) or passport, residence card (temp or permanent)
How do I prepare for my permit test?
HOW IT WORKS
- Study. Answer real DMV questions and get immediate feedback. Free. No registration required.
- Practice. Take as many practice tests as you want, until you’re ready to take the real DMV test!
- Pass! Increase your chances of passing the official DMV test. Super high pass rate!
Photo in the article by “Flickr”