What to bring to take your written test and get your California driver permit
- A completed DL 44 (Driver License Application) with your parents’/guardians’ signatures (signatures not needed if you’re over 18)
- Your birth certificate (original or certified) or passport, residence card (temp or permanent)
Do you have to have your parents with you to get a permit?
Q. Do my parents need to come with me to get a driver’s license or an instruction permit? A.If you are under the age of 16, yes (one parent or guardian). If you are over 16, no, unless you have not had your parent certify your SO hours of driving time.
How much does it cost to get a learner’s permit in California?
You need to take a 46-question written test. To pass the exam, you need to get 38 correct answers at least. Once you pass the exam, you’ll need to pay a $35 application fee, which covers your provisional learner’s permit and driver license.
What do you need for permit test in California?
When visiting the DMV to take your California permit test, all teen drivers should bring:
- A completed application form. Each form has a unique barcode, so they’re not available online.
- Your social security number.
- Two different forms proving your California residency.
- Your $35 application fee.
Can I take my permit test online?
Take the required Florida permit test online right away, so you can earn your learners license and get on the road as soon as possible! DriversEd.com is a DHSMV-approved provider of the online learners permit test. With our convenient online test, you can skip a trip to the DMV office.
Can you take DMV written test online in California?
FREE California DMV Written Test Simulator 2019. In order to get your learner’s permit, you’ll need to take the California DMV written test, which will have 46 questions and you’ll be required to answer 38 correctly to pass.