IF YOU ARE CAUGHT WITH A FAKE ID the penalty is a minimum $250 fine and/or 24-32 hours of community service, or a maximum $1,000 fine and/or six months in the county jail, PLUSa one year suspension your driver license.
If you don’t yet have one, you’ll have to wait an extra year to get one.
How can you tell a fake ID from a real ID?
6 Ways to Spot a Fake ID
- Know Your State’s Card Features. Every state has its own set of security features for its driver’s licenses and identification cards.
- UV Light (or tilting the ID) is Your Friend.
- Feel the surface of the ID.
- Don’t Be Afraid to Ask Questions.
- Watch your Customer.
What do I need to get a real ID in California?
Applying for a California REAL ID
- Make an appointment to visit a field office on or after January 22, 2018.
- Provide proof of identity (for example: U.S. birth certificate, U.S. passport, certificate of naturalization or citizenship, employment authorization document, permanent resident card, or foreign passport with an approved form I-94).
How can I make fake ID?
Method 1 Quick Method
- Scan an ID into your computer or printer.
- Open your scan in an image editing program.
- Insert the new photo.
- Change the text fields.
- Print out your new ID on heavy cardstock.
- Cut out each side of the new ID.
- Glue the two sides together so they form a card.
- Add any holograms (optional).
Can you go to jail for having a fake ID?
Misdemeanor possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 1 year in jail, summary probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $1,000. Felony possession of a fake ID may be punished by up to 3 years in state prison, formal probation, community service, and/or monetary fines up to $10,000.
Can a bouncer legally take your ID?
Even if it is a fake ID, no civilian, not even a bouncer, can take it from you. If it is a fake, the police can take it—but only if it is actually fake. Advice: Call the police — don’t let a bouncer take your ID.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”