If your EBT card is Lost, Stolen, or Damaged.
Call customer service right away at (877) 328-9677.
Once reported, your EBT card is disabled and you are told how to get a new card.
Call customer service as soon as possible!
How do I apply for EBT?
Apply For Cash, SNAP (Food Stamps) & Medical Assistance
- Apply Online. Use the Application for Benefits Eligibility (ABE) to apply for SNAP, cash or medical assistance.
- Apply Using a Paper Application. Download the application.
- Apply At Your local Family Community Resource Center. Applications are taken at DHS local offices.
Is EBT still down in California?
California’s Electronic Benefits Transfer system to shut down for 24 hours this weekend. For 24 hours starting late Saturday, California Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) cardholders will not be able to use their cards. The interruption is due to a change in the vendors that operate the EBT system.
How do I apply for EBT online in California?
You can apply for CalFresh online, by phone, mail, fax or in person:
- Call 2-1-1 San Diego.
- Call Access at 1-(866) 262-9881 to request application forms.
- Download an application.
- Visit your local Family Resource Center and request an application.
- Documents needed to apply.
What can I buy with my EBT card in California?
FACT: You cannot use CalFresh to buy non- food items such as cigarettes or tobacco, pet food, soaps, paper products, household supplies, vitamins, and medicines, even if they are sold at food stores. You can buy any food or drink except alcohol or foods that will be eaten in the store, including prepared hot foods.
What is an EBT card in California?
EBT is the system used in California for the delivery, redemption, and reconciliation of public assistance benefits, such as CalFresh or SNAP benefits), California Food Assistance Program benefits, and cash aid benefits.
Photo in the article by “USDA”