Below are steps to requesting your CPS records.
- Write a letter to DFPS.
- Fill out the Request for Case Records (Form 4885-G)
- Make a copy of your Texas Identification card or Texas Driver’s License and your completed.
- Send the letter and Request for Case Records (Form 4885-G) to DFPS with a copy of your Texas.
Is CPS cases public record?
Access to CPS Information. Members of the general public often contact the OCO with questions about a Children’s Protective Services (CPS) investigation of alleged child abuse or neglect. CPS records are confidential, but certain individuals may obtain copies of CPS case files upon request.
How long does it take for CPS to investigate?
How long will the investigation take? CPS must finish its investigation within 90 days after the complaint. They can take longer only if law enforcement is investigating possible sexual abuse.
How do I become a CPS worker?
Steps to Becoming a Child Protective Services Worker
- Step 1: Earn a Bachelor’s Degree. A bachelor’s degree is a common requirement to become a CPS worker.
- Step 2: Gain Employment in a Child Protective Services Agency.
- Step 3: Consider an Advanced Degree.
- Step 4: Complete Continuing Education and Leadership Training.
Photo in the article by “DoD – Defense.gov”