To get your driving permit, fill out an application and submit it to your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), which you may be able to do online.
You’ll also need to visit your local DMV and provide proof of your identity, take an eyesight exam, and pay any associated fees.
Do I need a parent to get my permit if im 17?
You will need to complete the New York MV-44 Application for Permit, Driver License or Non-Driver ID Card. If you’re under 18, a parent or legal guardian must sign the consent section. If you’re 17 and have taken a certified New York drivers ed course, you won’t need parental consent.
How do I get my learner permit?
How do I get a learner’s permit?
- Pass a written knowledge test.
- Pass a vision test to show that you can see well enough to drive.
- Provide documents that verify your identity, age, and home address (residency) in your state.
- Complete a driver’s education (driver’s ed) course.
Can you drive to school with a permit in California?
You must pratice with a parent, guardian, spouse, or an adult 25 years of age or older, who has a valid California driver license. You may take driver education (classroom training) or driver training (behind-the-wheel) in a public or private high school, or in a state licensed, professional driving school.
What to bring to DMV to get permit?
What do I need to bring to the DMV to get my permit?
- Proof of Identification – Birth certificate (or a certified copy issued by state you were born in) or United States Passport.
- Proof of Social Security Number – Original social security card or your W-2 showing your SSN.
- Proof of Residential Address – Home utility bill, cable bill, home telephone bill, etc. (
Can I take my permit test online at home?
The online permit test (DMV Exam) is available to teens that are 14 1/2 years old and under 18. If you are over 18 you are required to take the permit test at a DMV office. The DMV will allow you to take the permit test online 3 times. But be aware that you will be charged a fee each time you take it.
Photo in the article by “Good Free Photos”