If you are under 18 and at least 15 ½ you can apply for a provisional driver license.
The first step to getting your license is to get your instruction permit.
You must drive with your parent, guardian, spouse, or an adult 25 years of age or older, who has a valid California driver license.
How do you get a permit?
- Study the requirements in your jurisdiction.
- Locate the DMV headquarters in your area.
- Submit an application to receive your driving permit.
- Provide proof of identity.
- Take an eyesight exam.
- Pay any associated fees.
Can I drive to and from school with my permit?
Answer: No. With a learner’s permit, you can only drive if a licensed adult driver (21+ years old) is in the front passenger seat. When you have an intermediate license, you will be able to drive to school by yourself.
What do I need to take my permit test in California?
What to bring to take your written test and get your California driver permit
- A completed DL 44 (Driver License Application) with your parents’/guardians’ signatures (signatures not needed if you’re over 18)
- Your birth certificate (original or certified) or passport, residence card (temp or permanent)
Can you drive by yourself at 16 in California?
You are also not allowed to drive between 11 pm and 5 am during your first year after getting your license unless you have a licensed parent, a guardian or other adult 25 years old or older in the car with you. When you turn 18 years of age, the provisional part of your license ends.
At what age can you start driving in California?
16 years old: Eligible for a provisional license (with completion of driver’s education). 17 1/2 years old: Allowed to apply for a provisional permit without taking driver’s education. 18 years old and older: Allowed to apply for a driver’s license without getting a learner’s permit.
How can I pass my drivers permit test?
HOW IT WORKS
- Study. Answer real DMV questions and get immediate feedback. Free. No registration required.
- Practice. Take as many practice tests as you want, until you’re ready to take the real DMV test!
- Pass! Increase your chances of passing the official DMV test. Super high pass rate!
Can I drive alone with my permit?
No, you cannot drive alone with just a learner’s (driver’s) permit in the state of New York. Here it states that no matter what age you are, if you hold a learner permit, you may not drive: Unless accompanied by a supervising driver at least age 21 who has a license valid for operating the vehicle you are driving.
Can I drive minors if im 18 in California?
A provisional license adds restrictions like no driving after 11 pm or before 5 am. They also can not drive with anyone under the age of 25 without someone over the age of 25 in the vehicle. Now, California driving rules for 18 year olds are the same one’s drivers at age 25, 35, 45, everyone must follow.
Can a 16 year old drive siblings in California?
Can a 16 year old in California drive their siblings (and himself) to school, and or drive them around at all? Legally, a restricted driver (ages 16–18) that is in their first year of driving must have a signed permission note from their parents in order to transport a sibling.
Photo in the article by “Flickr”