The California Education Code specifies minimum course requirements for the state’s public school system: three years of instruction in both English and history/social science, two years in both math and science, and one year of either visual or performing arts, a foreign language, or career technical education.
Can you finish high school early?
Early Graduation Options. The simplest way to graduate early is to take extra classes. You might, for example, take another math class rather than signing up for a study hall or elective. Some schools, however, allow students to take college-level courses at local colleges and universities.
How many credits do you need to graduate from high school in California?
9-12 Basic High School Graduation Requirements. In order to stay “on track” for graduation, students in high school must earn 30 credits per semester and 60 credits per year.
What are the requirements to graduate high school?
The course credits required to graduate online schooling for high school include:
- Language arts: 4 credits.
- Math: 4 credits (including Algebra and Geometry)
- Science: 3 credits (including Biology)
- Social studies: 3 credits (including U.S. History, Government, Economics)
- Physical education: 1 credit.
- Health: .5 credit.
What is the minimum GPA to graduate high school?
Some states have different high school graduation requirements and the most common required GPA is a 2.0. However, there are some students who’ve had as low as a 1.0 GPA, and it’s possible to graduate in that school in that certain state.
What’s the largest high school in California?
Largest High Schools in CaliforniaAbout this List
- River Springs Charter School. Public School.
- Visions in Education. Public School.
- Paramount High School. Paramount Unified School District, CA.
- Prospect Sierra School.
- Granada Hills Charter High School.
- Polytechnic High School.
- Downey High School.
- Central High East Campus.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”