California Incorporation Filing Fee.
In addition, filing the California articles of incorporation including a filing carries a fee of $100, plus a $15 handling fee.
You must also file an initial report giving detailed information about your company, which includes a fee of $25 and a $75 service fee.
How long does it take to get incorporated in California?
Expedited Processing. Time to process your corporation or LLC formation varies by state with routine processing taking 4 – 6 weeks or even more in the slowest states.
What do I need to do to incorporate my business?
Here are the basic steps to incorporate a business:
- Step 1: Comply With Licensing and Zoning Laws.
- Step 2: Conduct a Business Name Search.
- Step 3: Name a Registered Agent.
- Step 4: Draft Articles of Incorporation.
- Step 5: File Articles of Incorporation With the State.
- Step 6: Write up Corporate Bylaws.
How do I create an LLC in California?
How to Form an LLC in California
- Choose a Name for Your LLC.
- File Articles of Organization with the State.
- Appoint a Registered Agent.
- Prepare an Operating Agreement.
- Publication Requirements.
- File a Statement of Information With the State.
- Pay Your State Tax Obligations.
- Comply With Other Tax and Regulatory Requirements.
Do you need a lawyer to incorporate?
If you need to save money and have the time to do it right, incorporating without an attorney can be done. But if you want your company’s incorporation documents to stand the test of time, it’s worth investing in a lawyer from the start.
How much does it cost to start an S Corp in California?
What is the cost to establish an S-Corp in California, Indiana, or Pennsylvania? The filing fee to set up a corporation is $100 in California, $90 in Indiana, and $125 in Pennsylvania. However, that’s just the fee to file a certificate of incorporation for a C-corporation in those states.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”