- Use online flight trackers to find cheap plane tickets.
- Rely on inexpensive public transit when you visit a city.
- Take your car or rent a vehicle for a picturesque road trip.
- Use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft for quick, easy rides.
- Take a train ride through Southern California to visit several major cities.
What is the best time of year to visit California?
Best Time for California – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Time to Visit California for Beaches: May to October, August and September are the best (mainly southern California)
- Best Time to Save Money and Avoid the Crowds: The 2 or 3 weeks in late November/early December following Thanksgiving.
Where can I roadtrip in California?
- First Stop on Your California Road Trip: San Francisco.
- Santa Cruz: Get Your Kicks on the Boardwalk.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: The Most Charming Town.
- Big Sur: Stunning California Coastline.
- Hearst Castle.
- San Luis Obispo: The SLO-est Town in the West.
- Pismo Beach: Surf’s Up!
- Santa Barbara: A Little Bit of Luxury.
Can you get around California without a car?
Being without a car means you’ll want to choose a hotel that’s near public transit. Outside of San Francisco and some parts of other cities, it’s simply not feasible to do California without a car. It’s simply too spread out. You could theoretically Uber or Taxi around, but that would get expensive quickly.
What is the cheapest month to fly to California?
The cheapest month to fly to California is January.
What is the cheapest city in California?
Detailed List Of The Cheapest Places To Live In California
6 more rows
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”