- Use online flight trackers to find cheap plane tickets.
- Rely on inexpensive public transit when you visit a city.
- Take your car or rent a vehicle for a picturesque road trip.
- Use ride-sharing apps like Uber or Lyft for quick, easy rides.
- Take a train ride through Southern California to visit several major cities.
Where should I go on a California road trip?
- First Stop on Your California Road Trip: San Francisco.
- Santa Cruz: Get Your Kicks on the Boardwalk.
- Carmel-by-the-Sea: The Most Charming Town.
- Big Sur: Stunning California Coastline.
- Hearst Castle.
- San Luis Obispo: The SLO-est Town in the West.
- Pismo Beach: Surf’s Up!
- Santa Barbara: A Little Bit of Luxury.
What is the best time of year to visit California?
Best Time for California – Tips and Recommendations
- Best Time to Visit California for Beaches: May to October, August and September are the best (mainly southern California)
- Best Time to Save Money and Avoid the Crowds: The 2 or 3 weeks in late November/early December following Thanksgiving.
How do you get around in California?
- Select Your Hotel Wisely. Choose a hotel located near attractions you want to visit.
- Use the Airport Bus. Take a FlyAway bus once you land at the airport.
- Ride the Metro. Jump on the Metro Rail system.
- Take the Bus. Ride a public bus whenever possible.
- Hire a Bicycle.
- Remember the Carpool Lane.
Photo in the article by “Picryl”