As the comparison map above shows, the land currently controlled by the State of Israel (including disputed territories) is not much larger.
Israel in its pre-1967 borders was 8,019 square miles or 20,770 square kilometers, just barely bigger than New Jersey.
How big is Israel compared to South Africa?
South Africa is about 59 times bigger than Israel. Israel is approximately 20,770 sq km, while South Africa is approximately 1,219,090 sq km.
How big is Israel compared to Florida?
Israel is about 7 times smaller than Florida. Florida is approximately 139,670 sq km, while Israel is approximately 20,770 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of Florida is ~18.8 million people (10.5 million fewer people live in Israel).
How big is California compared to the UK?
According to the map, Alaska is more than seven times the size of the UK, which covers 93,627.8 square miles and comprises four countries: England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. Oil-rich Texas is almost three times the size of the UK, while sunny California is almost twice as big.
Is Israel bigger than California?
Israel is about 19 times smaller than California. California is approximately 403,882 sq km, while Israel is approximately 20,770 sq km. Meanwhile, the population of California is ~37.3 million people (29.0 million fewer people live in Israel).
How long is Israel’s wall?
At a total length of 708 kilometres (440 mi) upon completion, the border traced by the barrier is more than double the length of the Green Line, with 15% running along it or in Israel, while the remaining 85% cuts at times 18 kilometres (11 mi) deep into the West Bank, isolating about 9% of it, leaving an estimated
How many Christians live in Israel?
As of December 2013, about 161,000 Israeli citizens practiced Christianity, together comprising about 2% of the total population. The largest group consists of Melkites (about 60% of Israel’s Christians), followed by the Greek Orthodox (about 30%), with the remaining ca.
Photo in the article by “Wikimedia Commons”