LLCs in California are also subject to specific business licensing fees, which vary depending on the jurisdiction where you form and operate your company in.
A small business license will generally cost between $50 – $100, and you may need industry-specific business licenses for your LLC, as well.
What are the 7 steps to starting a business in California?
- Step 1: Decide on a Business Structure.
- Step 2: Pick a Business Name.
- Step 3: Register the Business.
- Step 4: Obtain your Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN or “EIN”)
- Step 5: Open Company Accounts: Bank and Credit Cards.
- Step 6: Obtain Business Licenses and Permits.
- Step 7: Annual and Ongoing Requirements.
Where do I go to get a business license in California?
To get a business license in California, visit the CalGold website and enter your information to identify the specific permit office you need to contact. Next, visit the appropriate business license department in person or visit their website to obtain the required application forms.
How do I start an online business in California?
How to Start an Online Business in 8 Steps
- Step 1: Choose a Business Structure.
- Step 2: Decide Where to Form Your Business.
- Step 3: Choose a Name.
- Step 4: Get a Domain Name.
- Step 5: File Your Business Formation Papers.
- Step 6: Set Up Your Finances.
- Step 7: Understand Sales Tax and Licensing Requirements.
- Step 8: Set Up Your Website.
Photo in the article by “Marines.mil”